Bucks Co. Castle Inspired by Belgian Palace Listed for $4 Million
CARVERSVILLE, PA – A castle is for sale in Bucks County.
Yes, you heard right: and its 6 bedrooms and 5.5 bathrooms worth of grandeur are on sale for $3,975,000.
Learn more about this wonderful home and see the photos in the listing:
Description ad :
- A rarity in Solebury Township, this hidden estate residence with swimming pool on 16 acres was designed in 1950 by two architects to resemble a castle in Belgium, the owner’s home country. Beautifully proportioned rooms with excellent flow for entertaining make it feel more on the mainline than Bucks County, but make no mistake, this private setting near the village of Carversville is pure Solebury with arboretum-like grounds and ever-flowering gardens.
- Its circular, domed main entrance leads to a wide, gallery-like lobby. From here, access all living areas on the first floor. A spectacular main living room with fireplace and five sets of French doors opens to a full length deck. The formal dining room, warmed by a wood-burning stove/fireplace, can accommodate multiple seating arrangements and opens onto the back patio. Adjacent is the expansive kitchen with island and casual dining area. A service entrance with laundry room and storage is practical for this workspace.
- At one end of the house, its library/study lined with built-in units resembles the reading room of a private club and opens onto a veranda. Also on the first floor is an owner’s suite with living room, dormitory and its baths as well as three dressing rooms. High ceilings, substantial crown molding, immaculate Mercer floor tiles, hand-forged hardware and hinges on the doors, and other details add to the home’s appeal. The upstairs private quarters provide spacious accommodations with five additional bedrooms and three full bathrooms.
- Gardens interspersed with walking paths lead to an oversized in-ground pool with plunging rock, gazebo and pool house. A three car carriage style garage, including a wash bay, has a beautifully appointed one bedroom apartment above.
- Previously owned by a botanist, the property features spectacular gardens with a generous amount of flat lawn ready for a game of croquet.
- As a Bucks County retreat from the city, “The Castle” works as well today as it did 70 years ago when its first owners used it as an escape from Philadelphia. This is a unique offer for our region.
Posted by: Kevin Steiger, Kurfiss Sotheby’s International Realty
This list appeared on redfin.com. For more information, click here. See more photos from the list below, courtesy of Kurfiss Sotheby’s International Realty: